Thursday, December 25, 2008

christmas eve - glad madoff didn't make off with my money

it was kind of barmy warm last night after the rain.  I had to deliver something to my friend up Central Park West so I went on my bike.  In my new silver wellington boots.  I have pictures of myself in 1966 wearing pyjamas and wellington boots.  There was a big snowfall in England that year - and i wouldn't take off my boots then.  Some things never change.  Maybe it was that Christmas Eve stay up til he comes over thing.  
So I'm biking back and I turn left into the park.  
It's all black and white in there.  
Clean snow.
Black trees.
Silver pond.
Midtown ahead of me and I realize I haven't been near midtown for a while.  I see the Empire State Building is glowing red and green. 
And I look to my left and see all those big fancy apartments with their lights on and I start to notice how many have got Christmas trees lit.  It was around 9:30 - 10.  And I see how many rooms people have up there. 

I think it's weird that Madoff made off with all that money.  Where is it?  Where is all the money that people gave him?  I just can't imagine it.  I am hearing of one super rich person after the next.  I passed the Beresford.  My ex boss lives in there.  She was friends with Fred Wilpon who had money in the Mets.  I wonder if he asked her to invest with him.  

What will Central Park West look like next year?



  

No comments: