Thursday, January 1, 2009

December 30th - daytime

I have just come back from a lovely weekend in snowy Woodstock. I went to the little town on the other side of the river, with my record collector friend Tim and his wife Beth. We found one of those rare record shops that has loads of books all over the place and bits of stereo equipment and shelves and shelves of records. And 45's. Some in disgraceful condition, but some not bad. Tim found a few good ones. We had a wonderful drive over the Rip Van Winkle bridge, across the racing Hudson River, and back along the snow ridged very well laid roads, passed the iced up pond, and back to their place. They have one of those rooms that has been added on that's all windows and when you look out in summer it's all green. At the moment it's tall bare trees and the sunset last night made it look like the mountains were on fire.
I came back on the bus which belted along at 70 miles an hour. I got the seat at the front. It was like being flown home very close to the ground. A lot of houses were decorated on route of course.

I'm glad the nights are going to get lighter now. And just around the corner - 2009. Amazing isn't it.

No comments: