Monday, January 5, 2009

monday

Now that I am a US citizen, I have a responsibility to turn up and serve on jury duty.
I got summoned and went along today.
They told us how random it was.
You get picked once every 4-6 years.
I don't know how they do it.
Old and young. Seemed to me that every nation was represented.
You get sent to one of 6 locations, I think, where there are lots of trials going on - criminal and civil.
They put out magazines for you to read and send you off to lunch for an hour.
What are the chances then, that, thinking, "I need to stretch my legs" as I look for a place to eat my homemade cheese sandwich, someone calls my name and sitting in the back of the sorting area, there's a whole bunch of people I know.
Using lap tops.
The court has wi-fi.
Fancy that.

No comments: